Senior Art Director
Senior Art Director
AKHIA, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is currently looking for an experienced full-time Senior Art Director to play a key role in the organization to concept and deliver creative and strategic solutions. The Senior Art Director will work on a variety of assigned projects and have a strong design background in branding, concept development, design and layout, and demonstrate the production skills needed to execute his/her ideas.
• Concept creative and strategic solutions (in groups, pairs and alone) that align with the client’s brand and marketing objectives
• Lead brainstorming, concepting, development and production of multiple projects
• Work closely and collaboratively with writers, other senior creative and agency leadership
• Provide near real-time solutions and ideas
• Effectively present work internally to teams and externally to clients, with thoughtful rationale
• Communicate regularly with print, digital and video vendors
• Guide, influence and motivate junior creative team members
• Be the Creative representative in cross-discipline account leadership team
• Recommend improvements to agency process
• Ensure the highest standard of creative execution across all campaign creative elements
• Establish a strong understanding of clients’ products and their positioning in the marketplace as well as their business and industry as a whole
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines within established budgets
• 6-8+ years’ agency experience
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, a related field or have equivalent experience
• Strong design skills with a high level of understanding in composition, typography and production
• Strong presentation skills
• Leadership skills with experience and comfort in owning projects and directing designers
• Passionate about design and immersed in current industry and technology trends
• Must be a strategic thinker and creative problem solver, with an ability to influence, ideate, and bring his/her ideas to life
• Have an understanding of writing principles, message and design interaction
• Adhere to the AKHIA core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
• Must submit a portfolio or link to portfolio demonstrating breadth of project experience
• Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
• Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
• Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
• Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
AKHIA is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, AKHIA is 60+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
AKHIA has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
AKHIA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.