Senior Media Relations Specialist
Senior Media Relations Specialist
AKHIA, headquartered in Hudson, Ohio, is currently looking for a passionate, client-oriented full-time Account Director to play a key role in the organization. The individual who fills this role will have a tremendous opportunity to lead agency account teams, manage our growing client base, and drive account development by setting strategic goals and managing and driving teams to effectively and efficiently execute the strategic direction for our clients.
• Lead client strategy sessions, develop marketing communications and business plans and help oversee and manage the day-to-day account activities on multiple accounts, and jump in and assist teams as needed
• Act as a strategic partner to assigned clients and identify opportunities for AKHIA to extend its full scope of capabilities to support their business goals
• Organize account teams, drive collaboration and continuous process improvement to help build greater efficiencies in how work is developed and delivered
• Serve as information leader on client teams, demonstrating industry, cultural or media-driven issues or trends that directly and indirectly affect the client. Route articles of interest to account teams and client, as needed
• Meet and exceed target revenue goals for accounts
• Develop and cultivate deep relationships with clients
• Manage all aspects of campaigns to ensure client goals are met
• Provide strategic recommendations and creative ideas for clients on an ongoing basis; proactively identify and address client business needs and present opportunities to executive team
• Willingness to tackle projects outside of traditional scope of marcomm to build business and extend AKHIA reach into organization with work originating from teams in sales, product management, human resources and beyond
• Optimize team performance and utilization while leading, managing, and motivating team members
• Adhere to the AKHIA core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
• Perform other duties as assigned
• At least 10 years of marketing, advertising or project management experience, preferably five of which were spent in an integrated agency
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
• Possess a working knowledge of an integrated approach to PR, marcomm, channel marketing, event marketing, social media, branding and messaging strategies
• Critical thinker who is service-oriented and has a can-do attitude
• Mindful of but not prisoner to process
• Excellent account budgeting, financial reporting and forecasting skills
• Flexibility in day-to-day role – some days performing at a high, strategic level and other days jumping in to help project teams in completing special projects
• Self-motivated and leadership attributes
• Strong analytical skills and be committed to creating new business opportunities
• Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to large groups and high-level executives
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
• Strong listening skills and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to travel up to 1-2 times per month every couple of months
• Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
• Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
• Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
• Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
AKHIA is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder/CEO, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, AKHIA is 60+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
AKHIA has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
AKHIA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.