Senior Media Relations Specialist
Senior Media Relations Specialist
AKHIA is currently seeking a Senior Media Relations Specialist to join their team. The individual who fills this role will have a tremendous opportunity to lead and manage national and trade media relations efforts, in addition to other assigned projects, for consumer and B2B brands.
• Lead and manage national and trade media relations efforts for consumer and B2B brands
• Develop creative media pitches and story angles to generate editorial coverage that is on strategy and in line with clients’ business and communications goals
• Develop, execute and maintain strategic marketing communications plans, project work plans, schedules and budgets
• Identify internal and external resources needed and assign individual responsibilities to team
• Manage client budgets, monthly billings and recaps
• Measure and report campaign and project successes
• Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitors
• Contribute to creative brief development while ensuring the brief is on brand and on message for campaign/creative development
• Meet with clients regularly to set and manage expectations
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in national consumer and/or B2B media relations, strategic planning and strong writing capabilities
• Degree in Journalism or Public Relations preferred, but not required
• Highly organized & detailed, with ability to manage numerous tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrates account management skills – proactive, driven, and forward-thinking
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, internally and externally
• Adhere to the AKHIA core values in all business interactions, and conduct self in a manner that reflects the agency’s vision and values at all times
• Consistently requires sitting for a majority of the day to complete essential job duties on the computer and telephone
• Consistently requires auditory abilities to efficiently listen and effectively communicate with clients, vendors and staff to carry out essential job duties
• Occasionally requires standing to scan, print and copy job related documents to carry out job duties
• Occasional overnight travel by land and/or air may be necessary
AKHIA is a fully integrated marketing communications agency located in Hudson, Ohio. We came to be in 1996 when founder, Jan Gusich, set up shop with a card table, a client and a vision after spending years in the PR business at a big Cleveland ad agency. Today, AKHIA is 60+ experts-strong, boasting a client roster of some of the smartest and most respected companies in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
AKHIA has been named as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for three consecutive years and was also named a Weatherhead 100 award winner for three consecutive years as a fastest-growing company in Northeast Ohio.
AKHIA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
How to apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.